A delicious and simple, waitrose inspired crab pasta recipe. It gives that punchy, zesty, fresh flavours in an easy, low fat pasta recipe. This is an excellent mix of everything, super easy to make, it can be thrown together in a matter of 10 minutes. Just make sure the dish does not come out dry by adding a little bit of pasta cooking water to the sauce before adding the pasta itself. Best to use fresh crab meat from your local fish monger as they are almost coming into season 😉
4 tbsp. olive oil, a bit extra for drizzling
5 cloves garlic, finely chopped
2 birds eye red chilli, deseeded and finely chopped
300g fresh crab meat, a mix of both white & brown
Juice of 2 lemon
25g pack fresh flat leaf parsley, roughly chopped
2 medium sized tomatoes, chopped
Salt & pepper to taste
Green leafy salad
1. Cook the linguine according to the packaging’s instruction, then drain and cover, reserving a little of the cooking water.
2. Meanwhile, heat a frying pan over a medium heat. Add the olive oil, followed by the garlic and chilli, and fry gently for 2 minutes then add the chopped tomatoes
3. Add the crab meat, stir well to combine and heat through. Once the crab is hot, fold through the lemon juice.
4. Add the cooked, drained linguine to the crab together with enough of the reserved cooking water to loosen. Add the parsley and toss through until the pasta is evenly coated in the sauce. Season with salt & pepper for ab added taste
5. Divide between plates, drizzle with a little olive oil and serve immediately with green salad & extra lemon wedges for an added citrusy flavour.