Here’s another super easy to make at home dish. If you like rich, creamy and spicy pork curry this one is for you! Try the recipe and let me know what you think, also check my youtube link for a quick recipe video for this dish!
Bicol Express Ingredients:
700 g Pork Belly, cut into cubes or slice thinly
1 can coconut milk
2 Capsicum, sliced
10 green chilling haba and 5 pcs birds eye chillis
1 onion, roughly chopped
1 bulb of garlic, crushed
ginger, about 10g
Plum tomatoes, 2 each
1 broth cubes
2 tbsp to 3 tbsp shrimp paste or bagoong
Soysauce, patis, brown sugar, salt and pepper To Taste
- Boil the meat first by doing this you are removing the impurities at the same time tenderising the meat as well. You can also add mirepoix to enhance the flavour of the meat. Try adding onion, garlic, bay leaves, thyme as if you are making a stock but actually you’re not 🙂
- When the liquid evaporate and the meat is fork tender leave it for another 5 to 10 minutes just for the meat to brown in its own rendered fat. Set aside
- Add 2 table spoon palm oil and saute onion, garlic, ginger and tomatoes until the tomatoes are soft and cooked.
- Add the meat into the pan, bell pepper, chillis and shrimp paste. Saute for 3 minutes and then add the coconut milk. leave it to boil until the coconut milk is cooked.
- The coconut milk has to come out creamy and oily, add your seasoning let it reduce a bit more then taste again. If you are happy with the taste then your meal is ready! Best serve with rice!